- Andriy V. Proskochilo added an answer:Can anyone suggest which solvent to use to obtain chromatogram from Contramid?Contramid is a high amylose starch use for controlled release of drugs.
Dear Mr. Imran Khan. Unfortunately I have not found any mentions about the chromatographic study of Contramid. Other methods are discussed in the attached document.Following
- Andjelka Racic added an answer:Does anyone have knowledge on the solubility of fluocinolone acetonide?
What is the solubility of fluocinolone acetonide in propylene glicol (exact ratio)?
- Valentino Dhiyu added an answer:Why does paracetamol need a certain moisture level and binder concentration for good compression into a tablet?With acceptable hardness and friability.
I had experience in making paracetamol tablets and met problems exactly as same as yours. 1) yes, paracetamol granules has elastic property make it vulnerable for tablet capping 2) beside optimize the binder and moisture, please also optimize the tablet shape. it will be better to choose caplet shape.Following
- What are the different types of coating available for tablet formulations? Is gastric resistance the only condition for coating? What are the different types of coating available for tablet formulations? Is gastric resistance the only condition for coating?
For 2nd question, the following links will satisfy your query.
- What is the best source for information about light sensitive medications? What is the best source for information about light sensitive medications?
These are different links and files about your subject, might be helpful.
- Can degradation of PEG 3350 or polysorbate 80 cause yellow colour formation?
An API is formulated with PEG 3350, Polysorbate 80, NaCl, Methyl paraben. While heating small batch in water bath at 120 C , no color change was observed, but while heating in an autoclave of large scale, a small amount of yellow colored substance was observed at the top of the API. What causes this color formation?
Yes it does and the cause is very well explained above espacially by Dhruv Butani with references. RegardsFollowing
- How can the solubility of a lipophilic drug be enhanced? I want to enhance the solubilty of clofazimine, which is a lipophilic drug. Any suggestions?
Thank you indeed Ali A. RazzaqFollowing
- What is the Polymer of choice now a days for SR Tablets?
We want to synthsize and evaluate new polymers for SR Tablet formulations and need your expertize in this regard.
Thank you Harita for your valuable information. Actually we are interested in newly synthsized polymers. We already have synthsized PGA, PGA-Co-Caprolactone and Pentadecalactnes etc and want to use them in drug formulations..Following
- Mayur Mohanrao Aitawade asked a question:Does anyone have information about Emulsifiable Concentrate (EC or E).
Please give any information regarding the same in view of Agrochemicals.Following
- Geeta Yadav added an answer:What are the main drawbacks of conventional anti-malarial therapy ?Conventional antimalarial therapy has numerous disadvantages as far as the patient is concerned. I am looking for the major disadvantages which are preventing the therapy to be utmost useful as far as its action is concerned
thanks Paula for your reply.Following
- Can IDR be performed for innovator study or not? IDR is mainly performed for pure API. As per USP, we should take time points up to 10 % of labelled amount taken or the point up to which linearity is maintained without disturbing the surface area. My question is whether IDR can be performed for innovator characterization of dissolution. If yes, how many time points should we consider and what is the advantage of doing this? If the dose of the product is 0.1 mg, then it is very difficult to prepare a pellet by compaction. In that case how to proceed?
- How can we optimize the Pullulan for Oral Dispersible fims? Because pullulan is available in different viscosity , which one is better and what temperature is better for its drying? Moreover, I have seen the addition of thickening agents to pullulan. Is it necessary for all variety of grades of pullulan?
What is the best RPM and temperature to be maintained in the layering machine.
i hope these links will help you
- I am looking for process of converting Phentermine HCL into a Phentermine Resin. Any ideas on process or source? Phentermine Resin
i hope these links will help you
- How many grams of sample are suitable for a formulation development experiment? I am starting an experiment to evaluate the effect of excipients on the behaviour of a cream. However, I don't know the suitable quantity of the cream for the formulation of the development study in general. My test for validation only needs about 50 mg of cream. I am the newcomer of this field.
Hi for All
Although I highly agree with Abhay Asthana, but I think the papers attached have much information pleas check out themFollowing
- Kamal Jonnalagadda added an answer:What is the significance of using the reduced factorial model instead of full factorial model?
When we use the full factorial model for any design for formulating any dosages form, we get responses that are significant and some response aren't. Since they have some values I would like to know aren't they affecting final result and why do we only consider the significant models in design study.
The only rationale is to cut down on the toal number of experiments, and elimiate factors that may have no contribution to your desired outcome.Following
- Arafat Idrees added an answer:What is the best criteria to choose a polymer which is competible with a lipophilic drug to incorporate in transdermal patches.Please give the detail.thanksEudragitFollowing
- Pieter Annaert added an answer:Why does Invirase (saquinavir mesylate) have less bio-availability than Fortovase (saquinavir) from a formulation point of view?In some cases, we add rotinavir to invirase to enhance the bioavailability of invirase.As far as I know, the standard approach is to add ritonavir (or cobicistat) whenever a protease inhibitor (like saquinavir) is administered. In other words, boosted HIV PI therapy is the standard and unboosted HIV PI-based regimens have become an exception.
Whereas a formulation that promotes the dissolution of saquinavir may enhance the bioavailability (also) by saturating intestinal CYP enzymes, ritonavir will certainly also affect hepatic CYP3A activity, thus influence the half-life of saquinavir. The latter may not be achieved through the formulation.
I am not sure what is meant by "patient aesthetics", but it is clear that a formulation that can be stored at room temperature is preferred over a formulation that expires within 3 months, except when kept in the fridge.Following
- Shailender Mohan added an answer:Does the moisture content of API not need to be changed even after wet granulation and further drying process?see abovepolymorphs do effect the physicochemical and biopharmaceutical property of the API as they owe different solubility and stability in different solvent and at different pHs/temp. Moisture presence may change the polymorphic state of API that will ultimately effects it bio-availability.Following
- Daniel M Kamiński added an answer:Which solvent can be used for eudragit RS100 for nanoparticle formulation?I am trying to prepare nanoparticles with alcoholic herbal extract. Suggest to me polymers that can be used?SLES (detergent) can be an option it is used in many cases also for drugs. Another option is kolifor or ricin oil. In all cases the taste will be terrible :)Following
- Why does charcoal from different manufacturers have different adsorption capacities? Adsorption Isotherm.Yes, but what is the cause? Let us suppose that different manufacturing process can lead to difference in the adsorption capacity. OK
There are many factors affect the adsorption:
2-Temperature and pH
3-Particle size of adsorbate (solute)
4-Contact time between adsorbent and adsorbate
5-Particle size of adsorbent (surface area)
Where factors from 1 to 4 are related to adsorbate where factor 5 is linked to adsorbent. The smaller the particle size, the higher surface area exposed to the solute that leads to more adsorption.
So, we can see that adsorption capacity of M. Indica activated charcoal is 0.076 while the capacity of A. Indica activated charcoal is 0.026.
This difference can be attributed to the internal surface area available for adsorption which is characteristic to each source. The question in this case; if porosity can be a significant factor in adsorption capacity of each source where an equilibrium may be established between the molecules adsorbed in the small cavities and the molecules adsorbed on the surface and this may be a source difference in the manufacturing conditions.Following
- What is the role of P-chart as SQC in ensuring good quality of a pharmaceutical product? Statistical quality control.Yes, thank you for valuable information.Following
- Nguyen Nhung added an answer:Is T max considered as important in sustained release formulation (IM Route)?Our formulation is acheving t max in 48 hrs where as the reference formulation is attaining in 4 days, although our formulation attain T max quickly but our C max is almost same as the reference.I think, it really depends on therapeutic requirement of the formulation.
For example, if the active ingredient is time dependent antibiotic, time above MIC is nearly the most important one (not Tmax)
For sustained release formulation, personally the time above MEC should be much considered than T maxFollowing
- What is the most important US pharmacopeial test for PVP? Particularly from formulation point of view?The most important test is peroxides level which is NMT 400 ppm. The peroxides level comes from related impurities produced during its synthesis. The peroxides are known as potent oxidizer agents for drugs liable for oxidation.
An accident reported by FDA for crospovidone batch produced by Chinese Pharmaceutical Company where the peroxides level are more than 400 ppm. FDA reported that any pharmaceutical manufacturers of any products contain this crospovidone batch should be rejected. Also, FDA reported that the limit of peroxides in PVP or crospovidone should not be more than 400 ppm.Following
- Dhakshna Moorthy added an answer:compression of coated pelletscan any one help me with live example, how to protect pellets from cracking while compression in an ER product.
Please do not suggest what is in the litrature. I went through them and tried them but of no use.
please suggest me from industrial prospective.Following
- Hassan Reza added an answer:What is the possible formulation approaches for reduction of the Hepato-toxic side effect of nimesulide?The metabolite of nimesulide is of known hepatotoxicity.Why not if we go for Oro dispersible tablets(odt)???Following
- Hassan Reza added an answer:Implementation of DESIGN OF EXPERIMENT to Pharmacy curriculum is necessary ?As per current ICH guidelines, Q8R2 is the current demand of the pharmaceutical formulation development to implement Quality By Design in the pharma industry. Therefore, the chemists and scientists should have the knowledge of QbD. However, academics show the least amount of interest.actually the concept of the study should be bit more practical and not just solving problems rather than sitting and solving complicated numerical .... lot of software are available now a days .... only thing required is the proper interface of the students with the concept of the topic of designs and QbD.Following
- Peter Rue added an answer:What is concentrated water?I was making a dilution and there was a mention of using 'concentrated water'.Actually, its made from dehydrated water but by adding less than the recommended volume of solventFollowing
- Harald Enzmann added an answer:What factors should be considered to show significant therapeutic efficacy of a compound over another?Big issue on patentability of new forms of known compounds like esters, morphs, derivatives etc. In India.And file three of threeFollowing
- Ingo Schreiber added an answer:Which polymer produces thickening effect in oily material or organic solvent?In formulation of dosage form with oily material, I need to add thickening agent. Which is the best thickening agent?For which application of your formulation you want to use a thickener?Following
About Formulation Development of Pharmaceuticals
Formulation development of various dosage forms