- Kundan Ingale added an answer:5Are there any formulation development labs in india?
I am looking for development of topical formulation, including preformulation and stability studies. Is there any GLP certified lab which can perform the development and clinical manufacturing.
Hello mushtaq thanks for the site got useful information.Following
- Mohamed Aly Abd El Aziz Aly El Degwy added an answer:14Any advise on the disintegration Issue in ODT compressed tablets of highly hygroscopic extracts?
We are facing disintegration issue in one of our product development. Its an ODT (orally disintegrating tablets) dosage form with a target DT of less than 30 sec. We are not able to achieve a DT of 30 sec with a hardness of 30 N with wet granulation. If we lessen the hardness DT would be around 25 sec but that's not preferable as the hardness is very low and chances of friability will increase.
Though the solution seems easy by using disintegrant like Croscarmellose and Crospovidone but we already tried with many of them .As the extracts are very hygroscopic tablets are not able to disintegrate within 30 sec.
With MCC its giving good results but the mouth feel is unpleasant.
Preferably use silicifed microcrystalline cellulose or Avicel pH 112 with syloid or Aerosil 200 according to the target active density. Regarding the disintegrants, AcDisol with Crospovidone Xl 10 upto 20% of tablet weight as previously mentioned Pearlitol Flash MannitolFollowing
- Mitali Patel added an answer:3Does anybody know how to solve the problem of withania somnifera and curcumin solubility?
I have a water extract of Withania somnifera and Curcumin (soluble in alcohol and acetic acid). I want to use them for disc diffusion assay for which I need a complete solution.I am unable to dissolve them in their respective solvents. I cannot use acetic acid as I am doing antibacterial study. I tried DMSO for both but they are not soluble.
Hi Adam, I tried with Acetic acid and even used as a control but in negative control as well I am getting inhibition zone. They should be completely soluble but I am seeing some visible particles of the extract in the solvents like Ethanol, DMSO,Water (for Withania somnifera).Following
- Swayamprakash Patel added an answer:6How can I calculate Dose of drug after its bioavailability improvement?
I am working on Curcumin Bioavailabilty improement.
My product (Test) have dose 25 mg and Reference product have dose 100 mg.
Test product have Cmax 1.46 mcg/ml and reference product have 1.16 mcg/ml Cmax.
How can i calculate Dose of test product to have same Cmax of reference?
Thank you all friendsFollowing
- Vladimir A. Kulchitsky added an answer:3What are the best methods to make a single crystal of pharmaceutical API along with addition of a coformer??
I am trying to prepare cocrystals of one of the pharmaceutical API, from XRD results it shows formation of cocrystals.
1- I want to evaluate the same for it's all information about new single co-crystal for that i need to make a single crystal.
Please suggest me the best methods for single crystal preparation.
2- How can i confirm that, this is a single crystal?
All the best. I hope, somebody will help you more.Following
- Fabio Sonvico added an answer:7is it possible that supersaturated solutions are formed with the shake flask method leading to errors in the quantification of the solubility?
if so how it is prevented?
thanks in advance
For sure you have to proceed for an efficient phase separation method with a good control of temperature (centrifuge).Following
- Ali A R Aldallal added an answer:3Is there any literature on carboxamide prodrug?
I am trying to make a prodrug where it breaks down metabolically to give carboxamide. Is there any literature on carboxamide prodrug?
Plz see the attached link, may be helpful.
- Kunal Kumar asked a question:OpenLooking to make a carboxamide prodrug?
I am trying to couple my compound with terminal carboxamide amine to lysine amine. Is there any prodrug for carboxamide so that the Lysine-compound conjugate breaks down to give carboxamide?Following
- Mubashar Rehman added an answer:5Can you please suggest me a type of mixer or mixer shaft to mix a viscous oil with powder at high temperature to produce a tacky and viscous mixture?
I have a small volume (<10ml) of viscous oil that I want to mix with a powder at high temperature. The mixture will be a tacky blend and viscous. So far I have been preparing the mixture using a mortar and pestle but this is not convenient and very messy. Does anyone have a suggestion for mixer or a mixer shaft (or any other type of blending device) that can be used to accomplish my objective?
You can also use geometric mixing to mix powder in viscous liquid using glass slab and spatula.Following
- Khalid Ferji added an answer:3What method should I utilise for encapsulation of a hydrophobic and hydrophilic active agents in one/multilayer capsule?
I need small particles between 5 and 10 um.What material would be suitable? What encapsulation specific procedures would fit for such small particles? I manage to obtain encapsulation in alginate of both hydrophobic and hydrophilic agents but the particles are to big (240 um).Following
- Tobias Speerschneider added an answer:3What is the physiologically acceptable amount of cyclodextrin in a phosphate buffer (pH 4.5) meant for IP injection in mice?
I need to dissolve Dronedarone-hydrochloride for intraperitoneal injections in mice. However, due to its hydrochloride form Dronedarone is quite differcult to dissolve in aqueous solutions. Phosphate buffers ranging from pH 3 to 5 with added cyclodextrin should increase the solubility of Dronedarone and be well tolerated at the injection site. I'm perparing a phosphate buffer (NaH2PO4, pH 4.5), but I'm not sure about what the cyclodextrin concentration should be?
Thanks a lot for your advices.
@Samit, I will preform the IP injection during isoflurane anaesthesia as I'm doing echocardiography of the mouse meanwhile. So, the abdominal pain will not be an acute issue. However, I will keep it in mind if I need to make several injections in the same mouse (over days).
As far as I have been informed, Dronedarone-hydrochloride will precipitate at a pH above 5. But I will try with a slightly higher pH and CD at a 5% concentration, and go from there.
@Ferenc, thanks for sharing your knowledge, I will take it into account and use HPBCD as the preferred CD-form.Following
- Karthik San added an answer:10How do you handle CDI (1,1′-Carbonyldiimidazole) or other highly moisture sensitive solids?
I purchased CDI from Sigma (115533-10G) only 3 months back and used it for only 7-10 times. Now the NMR shows that CDI has been hydrolyzed to imidazole. I was quick to weigh out and transfer CDI when I used it but don't think quick enough. How do you actually handle solids under inert gas? If it was a liquid, I could use syringe to transfer it, but solid?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
cover the container with nitrogen. we can use it for long time.Following
- Yaminisri Anbalagan added an answer:2Can anyone explain to me why is it so we take in count of AC=Y for steady state of transdermal drug diffusion?
I really need to know ASAP. Thank You!
Thank you :)Following
- Enrique Martinez added an answer:2How can I calculate regulation impact on pharmaceutical impact?
I would like to know how regulation on pharmceutical industry has affected its productitivy. Has anyone done something similar?
Thanks a lot!!!Following
- Sara Lima added an answer:3Is the lysozyme able to cleave glycosidic bond between two D.-glucosamine or its only between two N-acetyl glucosamine?
I am trying to read about this but I could not get a final answer and clear one
thank you very much for your answersFollowing
- Dipen Sureja added an answer:2Lovastatin, prava and atorvaIs anybody hahing the uv detection method for the lova, prava and atorvastatin?
- Anwar A Hussain added an answer:6What is the safe limit of aspartame in orally disintegrating tablets?
I would like to use aspartame in an orally disintegrating tablet. In literature there is lot of variation for the %age of aspartame so I would like to know the safe limit which I can use.
Let all of use try to find a method to stabilize Aspartame at PH range above 5, It is a worthy challenge.Following
- Stanton de Riel added an answer:3Is it possible to encapsulate oils in soft gelatin without oil spillage?
When we encapsulate oils in soft gelatin capsules, the capsules are getting coated with oil.
Soft gel encapsulation is inherently messy, since your gelatin sheets are gloppy, the oil is filled under pressure, and the encapsulator isn't pressure-tight! (No way it could be, in continuous-movement mode.) So, don't fret. You could rinse the exterior of the capsules with a non-toxic volatile hydrocarbon (a couple dips in COLD butane should do it), before air-drying; don't know what solvent is commercially used for this, perhaps IPA?Following
- Ossama Y Abdallah added an answer:10Does compression force affect the dissolution behavior of a drug?
Do you know any example?
if compression affects disintegration it will decrease the dissolution. if you have a formula that shows good disintegration no effect of compression is expected. for matrix or non disintegrated sr tablet the compression will be of low value.Following
- Dr Scott Burtis added an answer:2Does anyone have advice on procuring injectable oxaloacetate?
Oxaloacetate has been shown to be an effective glutamate scavenger. Oral supplements have low bioavailability. IV should be more effective, especially in crossing into the blood brain barrier.
Thank you in advance for your help,
- Xuannam Truong added an answer:8Can degradation of PEG 3350 or polysorbate 80 cause yellow colour formation?
An API is formulated with PEG 3350, Polysorbate 80, NaCl, Methyl paraben. While heating small batch in water bath at 120 C , no color change was observed, but while heating in an autoclave of large scale, a small amount of yellow colored substance was observed at the top of the API. What causes this color formation?
In addition, when polysorbate 80 is hydrolyzed in acidic solution, the fatty acid (hydrophobic part of polysorbate 80) is produced. When the content of fatty acid is over its solubility, visible aggregates appears in the solution.Following
- Muhammad Imran added an answer:4Is the non-ionic surfactant triton X 100 toxic for the skin?
I wonder if I can use it in topical drug delivery formulations as a permeation enhancer.
Check the link below;
- Amjad Khan added an answer:6Is there a technology to prepare Intravenous Sustained Release formulation?
An intravenous (IV) formulation is desired for a high dose drug that needs to be delivered over a period of 8 to 10 hours. This sustained release approach would allow a bolus of drug (approximately 40 to 60%, burst release ) to be delivered quickly upon IV administration followed by the remaining dose to be delivered in a near zero order fashion.
It is possible. Intravenous drug release can be tailored by Temperature Controlled Hydro gels using various PolymersFollowing
- Riyaz Ali Osmani added an answer:6Can anyone suggest any review or paper related to biphenyl containing commercially available drugs?
Commercial available biphenyl moiety containing drugs?Following
- Mohammed D Alrekabi added an answer:5Hyosine-N-butylbromide syrup dosage form has a bitter taste which would make it unacceptable by children. Why can't it be prepared sweetly ?
I mean , is there a methods that make it sweet ?
- Ahmad Mohamad Zaiter added an answer:3Will I need dose calculation sustained release buccal drug delivery?
I am doing sustained release buccal drug delivery of statin having shorter half life (about 3 hrs), I am sustaining it for 12 hrs, will it require dose calculation?
Sorry ur question isn't clear at all ! ......
U want to calculate in vitro release of sustain release formulation ?
Or u r asking about is the half life of drug will be different for sustain release ?
Please clarify ur question, paraphrase it !Following
- Varsha Dilip- Jadhav (Rathod) added an answer:5How much time must be given for plant leaves to get dried completely at 105 degrees Celsius?
As per the regulations for making herbal medicines in dry powder form (leaves), it has been written that leaves must be dried at 105 degree Celsius. But duration is not mentioned (duration of drying,i.e., 1 hour or 2 hour or 24 hours likewise...). I would like to know what would be the ideal duration.
if u r analyzed moisture content first on dry weight basis it will easy because drying conditions for leaves are totally depends on it's physical properties. It is variable species to species .
First u should try to shade dry the lvs. it will be best for further analysisFollowing
- Debasish Pradhan added an answer:9Would you like to collaborate with me for indo austria DST-FWF programme?
RELATED AREA- Cancer,Immunity,Plant Drug/Phytoanalysis,Pharmaceutical Sc.
Eulalia vidal mam please write your e mail.
Thanks and regards.Following
- Ramkumar Ponnuraj added an answer:3Which solvent can be used for eudragit RS100 for nanoparticle formulation?I am trying to prepare nanoparticles with alcoholic herbal extract. Suggest to me polymers that can be used?
This article may help you even it does not answers your queryFollowing
About Formulation Development of Pharmaceuticals
Formulation development of various dosage forms