- Rocco Furferi added an answer:Why do we apply dyes on a textile material based on the % weight in contrast to the dyeing effect which is measured by color coordinates?
whenever a textile material to be dyed at a desired shade(say 1% which means dyes to be added @ 1% OWM). but to assess to the dyeing effect it is followed by color coordinates(L*, a b Or L*, c, h) not by amount of dyes have been fixed or added to the textile materials(though i can understand: dye adding and its effect are two different things). or is it possible practically or theoretically to match the ultimate shade exactly before dyeing using color coordinates?
one more thing, say dyeing textile material at 1% shade @ 1:10(M:L) and at the same shade @ 1:7 and 1:15 and 1:20. the ultimate effect will not definitely be the same. So how is a fabric or any textile material dyed with 1% shade standardized? and how is it compared? yes it is CMC value but i need some more specific reasons or knowledge?
I agree with Dr. Patil. Spectrophotometry is used to assess the colour of fabrics after the dyeing has been made. For some kind of fabrics it is roughly and experimentally possible to define a "trasnfer function" between spectrophotometric values (e.g. CIELab values) and final shading of the fabric. but there is no mathematical relationship becouse of the different characteristics of fibers, different materials etc. In some of my works we used Artificial Neural Networks to relate the percentages of colours used for some recipes with the spectrophot. response. This is just an example.
- Wanita Subadra Abioso added an answer:How important is the Art Deco style on high-class designer boutiques' facades?Milan has the great Art Deco feature and implements it on the facades of high class boutiques such as LV, Prada, Tods, etc. How important is the deco to create the characteristic of the brand or to show the luxury of the brand?
The so called importance perhaps supposed to be sought by a research. My home town, Bandung Indonesia, has a street called Jalan Braga which based on government policy designated for various buildings yet accordingly have to apply ART DECO style. In fact many of them functioning for fashions.Following
- Naglaa Elsayed added an answer:Why hasn't the sizing problem in womenswear been solved so far?I am writing my dissertation about ladies sizing in clothing industry.
the much differences between women bodies and the huge number of population which make the survey of the measurements for women body is very difficult and need much efforts.Following
- Meera Menon added an answer:Do fashion and lifestyle go hand in hand?Is fashion reflected through lifestyle or vice versa?
yes, fashion reflects lifestyle and also lifestyle is reflected through fashion.
fashion is actually a way of life- the way you dress up, the way you wear your accessories, what you wear, from where you buy, how you buy, where do you go wearing your outfits and accessories, describes your disposable income and also your life style. if you have a better and higher lifestyle with higher income, you can afford better designs and varied fashion whereas if you are from a lower income group, you may not be able to afford all fashion brands but however, in today's world, due to global reach of fashion markets, you could still access affordable fashion or better still big brands' imitations and still have the satisfaction of being fashionable. Hence fashion and lifestyle are inseparable.Following
- Meera Menon added an answer:Does anyone know about fashion cities in the world that I can relate to?The cities that might be influenced can be dispersed into :
1. Street Fashion
2. High End Brand Fashion
3. Street Surfer / Beach Fashion
4. Contemporary Fashion
5. Musical fashion
would like to recommend the following cities based on my observation for different categories-
Makati city for Street Fashion
Dubai for High End Brand Fashion
Thailand for street surfer/beach fashion
Hongkong & Shanghai for Contemporary Fashion
Salvador, Bahia in Brazil is good for drawing inspiration from Musical Fashion.
Hope, that answers all your questions. RegardsFollowing
- Shu Lin added an answer:Where in apparel design does a designer actually copy another design?Apparel product development.
I was told that there is nothing is brand new design under the Sun. We can do for product development will be focused on target consumer to adjust the needs and wants of the target consumesr.Following
- Louise Crewe added an answer:Fast fashion - a consumer and society trend or a strategy to sell more?I am interested in the advantages and disadvantages for consumers, society and producers of this concept.The race-to-the-bottom strategy by fast fashion firms is being seen as increasingly unsustainable in economic, environmental and social terms. The faster fashion travels, the more toxic its effects. It may have been a sound competitive strategy for retailers but is being challenged by consumers who are showing their disquiet by looking to alternative forms and formats (slow, eco, craft).Following
- Anshu Singh added an answer:What are the most important aspects to consider in retail design decision making?In current interior design practice several aspects of decision making are brought to the design process in relation to the importance of the variables to be dealt with. The more common are the branding, the design, the financial, the human factors, the functionality of both space and cognition, sustainability, the innovation or novelty, the commercial potential and the commercial success, the working conditions for the employees, the store layout, the technological infrastructure, the logistics of merchandise display and storage, the safety of both clients and staff, the experience offered, the support on the election of the right product. And all must be met during the design decision process.I too agree with the point , infact retail has now became popular in every section. In fashion designing it has great impact as it focuses more on visual communication. (new language of retailing)Following
- Joel Peterson added an answer:How can we measure which is more efficient? Making a T-shirt with circular knitting and cut sew or making it in fine gauge whole garment technology?Often it is said that it takes too long to manufacture fine gauge whole garment flat knitting technology compared with circular knitted fabric that are cut and sewed. In the whole garment flat knitting technology the garment is ready-made directly in the knitting machine.
Any suggestions for an investigation of this problem?Hi Nancy,
Yes we met at the Autex conference in Raleigh in 2006. Good to hear that you have a good collaboration with Shima. We also have a new small Shima for knitting accesories and some Stoll CMS machines, one of them a Knit & Wear machine.Following
- Sumaiya Alhooti asked a question:Is there any fashion design software for linux?I am using ubuntu system and I am looking for a fashion design software that can run on this systemFollowing
- Closed account added an answer:T- Shirts printing method and processI am doing a few Tshirt designs and I am interested to learn more about how they are printed from the design given with all brushes in correct location. Can anyone teach me or give me some links, pdfs and articles to learn more about the techniques? I also want to know which site or source is good for checking out the machines available for t shirt printing (including cost, specifications and dye details). Overalll I want to know what all factors and considerations are to be taken into account when printing a designed t shirt.Hello Ram,
I think, its simple with google. You just have to get ready with a bunch of key words like Printing, Steps in printing, types of printing, latest techniques in printing etc.,
Regarding the inputs on specifications, I think you should be talking to some industry in Tirupur on a telecon, may be and ask them like a telephone interview.
Incase you want to know on printing techniques, there are wonderful e-books on Google and its diffciult to say one. You gotto find out tat urself.
If you need a basic info on the techniques, Fiber 2 fabric, the basic textile book might help you. I wouldn recommend, since its a bit outdated, but its ok for a beginner.
If you are in your masters programme, you must chk out the fiber2fashion.com for articles and youll get a handful of it in this site. More into academics, learning purpose.
Guess you got some clues to move ahead! Gud luckFollowing
About Fashion Design
Fashion design is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories.