- Meera Menon added an answer:Does anyone know about fashion cities in the world that I can relate to?The cities that might be influenced can be dispersed into :
1. Street Fashion
2. High End Brand Fashion
3. Street Surfer / Beach Fashion
4. Contemporary Fashion
5. Musical fashion
would like to recommend the following cities based on my observation for different categories-
Makati city for Street Fashion
Dubai for High End Brand Fashion
Thailand for street surfer/beach fashion
Hongkong & Shanghai for Contemporary Fashion
Salvador, Bahia in Brazil is good for drawing inspiration from Musical Fashion.
Hope, that answers all your questions. RegardsFollowing
- Shu Lin added an answer:Where in apparel design does a designer actually copy another design?Apparel product development.
I was told that there is nothing is brand new design under the Sun. We can do for product development will be focused on target consumer to adjust the needs and wants of the target consumesr.Following
- Japjee Kohli asked a question:Fashion design
Is vocational/ professional education a major reason for job specific skills and knowledge gap among 'industry ready professionals' in apparel industry?'Following
- Anne Mason added an answer:Why hasn't the sizing problem in womenswear been solved so far?I am writing my dissertation about ladies sizing in clothing industry.Human bodies are unique and cannot be standardized.Following
- How important is the Art Deco style on high-class designer boutiques' facades? Milan has the great Art Deco feature and implements it on the facades of high class boutiques such as LV, Prada, Tods, etc. How important is the deco to create the characteristic of the brand or to show the luxury of the brand?Following
- Anshu Singh added an answer:Do fashion and lifestyle go hand in hand?Is fashion reflected through lifestyle or vice versa?Thanks for ur answer...Following
- Tarshaini Krishnan added an answer:How fashion can bring identity to urban cities?When we look at Tokyo now, city in Japan, they are extremely being seen by the extra looks (eg : details accessories,anime theme clothing) chilling at the open areas. Plus buildings around them are really fascinating with lights, colorful and themes orientated.Facade design and material creates an identity for a city. These also influences the people's dress code. For instance, people would dress up more casually to place where there's an influence of street culture, graffiti walls and tectonic facade designs compared to a corporate setting whereby more formal and rigid looking buildings are found. This is because a certain type of facade language or style is choose based on the facilities around these cities such as shopping district, university, office buildings.Following
- Federico Del Giorgio Solfa added an answer:Are you teaching design activism at your college or university?If so, please write to me.Currently not teach design activism directly, but if we reflect with students, design ability to solve social problems of different types.
I will read your work. I think I will incorporate concepts algunso my class.Following
- How can fashion integrate with facade design in urban cities? Can fashion be an icon or clue on building function by facade treatment? For example, in the use of colors, lights, materials, repetition, rhythm, etc.Following
- Hazira Azihan binti Abd Wahab added an answer:What is influencing the current fashion trend for androgyny, and how is it interpreted by female consumers?Please fill out questionnaire below, to help my research.Done! hope it helps.Following
- How can Fashion influenced Architecture, specifically in Urban Cities? Fashion is parallel with architecture. The rhythm, complexity, simplicity, embellishment etc. The differences in architecture values may varies between cities in the world. such as, Mumbai can be imagined as 'sparkling' city if we contribute fashion in architecture since India has Light Festival and as far i know, it has spirit of fire in their culture.Following
- Louise Crewe added an answer:Fast fashion - a consumer and society trend or a strategy to sell more?I am interested in the advantages and disadvantages for consumers, society and producers of this concept.The race-to-the-bottom strategy by fast fashion firms is being seen as increasingly unsustainable in economic, environmental and social terms. The faster fashion travels, the more toxic its effects. It may have been a sound competitive strategy for retailers but is being challenged by consumers who are showing their disquiet by looking to alternative forms and formats (slow, eco, craft).Following
- Rajashekhar S Devarai added an answer:Is philosophy included in fashion related courses?My general observation is that philosophy is not adequately represented in syllabi of fashion and fashion related courses. For reasons unknown, the fashion Industry and fashion professionals shy away from the very thought of philosophy.It will cost dearly, if fashion professionals and fashion industry continue to neglect philosophy. Science has due regard and place for philosophy .... Philosophy of Science is a known specialization pursued both by scientists and philosophers. Are we aware of any thing like "PHILOSOPHY OF FASHION" OR "FASHION PHILOSOPHY". ..... If philosophy itself is neglected .... then what about other social sciences like : psychology, sociology, political science and economics? SINCERE DISCUSSION ON THE TOPIC COULD BE USEFUL BOTH TO FASHION PRACTIONERS AND FASHION ACADEMIA.Following
- Anshu Singh added an answer:What are the most important aspects to consider in retail design decision making?In current interior design practice several aspects of decision making are brought to the design process in relation to the importance of the variables to be dealt with. The more common are the branding, the design, the financial, the human factors, the functionality of both space and cognition, sustainability, the innovation or novelty, the commercial potential and the commercial success, the working conditions for the employees, the store layout, the technological infrastructure, the logistics of merchandise display and storage, the safety of both clients and staff, the experience offered, the support on the election of the right product. And all must be met during the design decision process.I too agree with the point , infact retail has now became popular in every section. In fashion designing it has great impact as it focuses more on visual communication. (new language of retailing)Following
- Joel Peterson added an answer:How can we measure which is more efficient? Making a T-shirt with circular knitting and cut sew or making it in fine gauge whole garment technology?Often it is said that it takes too long to manufacture fine gauge whole garment flat knitting technology compared with circular knitted fabric that are cut and sewed. In the whole garment flat knitting technology the garment is ready-made directly in the knitting machine.
Any suggestions for an investigation of this problem?Hi Nancy,
Yes we met at the Autex conference in Raleigh in 2006. Good to hear that you have a good collaboration with Shima. We also have a new small Shima for knitting accesories and some Stoll CMS machines, one of them a Knit & Wear machine.Following
- Sumaiya Alhooti asked a question:Is there any fashion design software for linux?I am using ubuntu system and I am looking for a fashion design software that can run on this systemFollowing
- Closed account added an answer:T- Shirts printing method and processI am doing a few Tshirt designs and I am interested to learn more about how they are printed from the design given with all brushes in correct location. Can anyone teach me or give me some links, pdfs and articles to learn more about the techniques? I also want to know which site or source is good for checking out the machines available for t shirt printing (including cost, specifications and dye details). Overalll I want to know what all factors and considerations are to be taken into account when printing a designed t shirt.Hello Ram,
I think, its simple with google. You just have to get ready with a bunch of key words like Printing, Steps in printing, types of printing, latest techniques in printing etc.,
Regarding the inputs on specifications, I think you should be talking to some industry in Tirupur on a telecon, may be and ask them like a telephone interview.
Incase you want to know on printing techniques, there are wonderful e-books on Google and its diffciult to say one. You gotto find out tat urself.
If you need a basic info on the techniques, Fiber 2 fabric, the basic textile book might help you. I wouldn recommend, since its a bit outdated, but its ok for a beginner.
If you are in your masters programme, you must chk out the fiber2fashion.com for articles and youll get a handful of it in this site. More into academics, learning purpose.
Guess you got some clues to move ahead! Gud luckFollowing
About Fashion Design
Fashion design is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories.