- Martin John Pitt added an answer:Is it justified to publish information about convicted pedophiles who returned to the community?
Balancing public safety, children safety v. privacy. What is more weighty?
The main justifications for publication are:
(1) To enable a politician or other public figure to score some publicity
(2) To enable vicious people to engage in vandalism, violence and theft while claiming they are acting as public guardians. (The same people attack minority groups or anyone vulnerable, and claim robbing shops is a protest.)
(3) For the media to act with morale outrage and get publicity. There is a good chance as well that they can provoke further newsworthy events tor report on, so win-win.Following
- Robert James McClelland added an answer:Is there a questionnaire about the attitude toward smuggling?
I'm looking for a well-established questionnaire (a measure OR inventory) about attitude and tendency toward smuggling.
Gilmore et al 2013 on
also Merriman has done quite a few surveys re: tobacco smuggling
- Saima Eman added an answer:Does anyone know of studies about patterns of offender mobility and geographic profiling in drug-related offences?
I'm doing a spatial crime analysis in Valencia (Spain) and I would like to know if there are any research on travel patterns of minor drug offenders.
Did you contact Andrew N Costello? May have more information!Following
- Bubba Nicholson added an answer:What ethical implications arise from the burgeoning field of neurocriminology?
A piece dedicated to Dr. Glenn's publication:
- Taufik Mohammad added an answer:Can you suggest any literature reviews on parental socioeconomic status affecting delinquent behaviours?
parental socioeconomic status
I think this article provides a good basic understanding on SES and development in general, which includes delinquency.