- S. Scott-Roberts added an answer:3Are there any approved para-clinical approaches for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Detection?
Is there any Para Clinical approaches for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Detection, that approved?
The current thinking is that ASC s are multifactorial in origin and as such triangulation of assessment data gatherer over time and context on presenting characteristics is used for diagnostic purposes (NAPC guidance may be useful. This I realise only indirectly answers your question, sorry- there is indeed some debate whether there will ever be paraclinical assessments used on their own for this heterogeneous spectrum of conditions.Following
- Chariklia Tziraki added an answer:5Is there evidence based research that sociocybenetics can be used in understanding human aging?
Theoretically cybernetics can be applied to all existing theories of aging.
However, I have not been able to find any research where a model of socio cybernetics has been applied to the evaluation of any intervention/observational research on healthy aging.
I would appreciate your suggestions. with thanks, chariklia
i WOULD like to thank each one of you for making the effort to answer my query.
I have a lot of homework to do. Please if you are interested in pursuing a collaborate review of this topic, I welcome further discourse. With thanks, charikliaFollowing
- Arnold Trehub added an answer:4How do grid cells get the message that the individual has ventured into a new location in space?
How does a grid cells get the information?
Yes,the vestibular system provides the necessary signals to anchor the direction of the gravitational down and its orthogonal horizontal axis in retinoid space. Left and right (X-axis), up and down (Y-axis), and near and far (Z-axis) are given by the neuronal structure and dynamics of the retinoid mechanisms.Following
- Niculae Mihaita asked a question:OpenWhat do you think about the balance between semiosis and second-order cybernetics in this article?
The narrow is the interstitium of scientific domains, the difficulties of experimenting applications and narrating them are huge. How do you find this one, dear colleagues?Following
- Abdolreza Babamahmoodi added an answer:1Do you believe that new fuzzy logic approach better describes depression as mainly homogenise disorder (exempt psychotic depression)?As from one side as an engineer of knowledge base who constructed first fuzzy logic system in AI for monitoring of depressive and affective disorders I would like to ask you one question. Do you believe that new fuzzy logic approach better describes depression as mainly homogenise disorder (exempt psychotic depression)? Do you believe that with this new approach will be possible to create the proper ranking of effective treatment methods?I think fuzzy approach describe many psychological problem better than other approaches .as you know in human behavior there is not 0 or 1 state and it is a continuous condition and dynamic so we should think about new models and approach for better description of psychological disordersFollowing
- Johannes W. Dietrich added an answer:2Is anyone aware of a good and understandable review article which links complex dynamical systems to clinical psychopathology?I find the mathematics difficult to follow and need some basic instruction and explanationI would recommend to start with the papers of Felix Tretter. You should get a first overview via the Pubmed link below. I could also try to mediate a personal contact, if required.Following
- OpenSimThyr 3.2 releasedWith immediate effect SimThyr is available in version 3.2. New features include, but are not limited to, new options for data export, extended functions for sensitivity analysis and numerous error corrections.
Source code for SimThyr 3.2 requires Lazarus 1.0 and Free Pascal 2.6. Additional information, sources and compiled applications for different platforms are available at http://simthyr.sf.net.Following
- OpenSMC 2012IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. COEX, Seoul, Korea, October 14th to 17th, 2012Following
- OpenECCS 20123-7 September 2012 at Université Libre de BruxellesFollowing
- OpenSimThyr 3.1.1 releasedWith immediate effect SimThyr has been released in version 3.1.1 for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows. The new version features bug fixes and a new function to determine portal TRH levels, e.g. to simulate tertiary hypothyroidism or thyrotropic adaptation in non-thyroidal illness syndrome.Following
- OpenSimThyr 3.1 availableSimThyr, a numerical simulator of thyroid homeostasis, has been released in version 3.1. This new version implements bug fixes and new functions including one-way sensitivity analysis and tornado plots.Following
- OpenInternational Conference: Systems Biology of Human DiseaseThe International Conference on Systems Biology of Human Disease (SBHD) is a transatlantic event and communication platform for scientific exchange between the United States and Germany. It takes place alternately between the two countries. SBHD 2012 is continuing a conference series launched by Peter Sorger and colleagues from Harvard Medical School some years ago. The conference focus is on mammalian systems biology, particularly as it applies to human disease and therapy. In 2012, the conference is organised by the two largest systems biology initiatives in Germany, FORSYS- Research Units for Systems Biology (www.forsys.net) and the Helmholtz Alliance on Systems Biology (www.helmholtz. de/systemsbiology) headed by Roland Eils, together with the Council for Systems Biology CSB2 (www.csb2.org) and the Harvard Medical School in Boston. SBHD 2012 will take place in Heidelberg for the first time on May 2-4, 2012 at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ).Following
- OpenSimThyr 3.0 releasedWith immediate effect SimThyr is available in the final version 3.0. The new version contains some bug fixes and enhancements, including advanced preferences handling and improved window arrangement.
SimThyr is a numerical simulation program for the pituitary thyroid feedback control that is based on a parametrically isomorphic model of the overall system that aims in a better insight into the dynamics of thyrotropic feedback. Applications of this program cover research, including development of hypotheses, and education of students in biology and medicine, nurses and patients.
This is a free application that is offered on the base of a BSD licence. Binaries are available for Mac OS, Mac OS X and Windows, sourcecode requires THINK Pascal (for Mac OS Classic) or Lazarus/Free Pascal (for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux).Following
- OpenWelcomeWelcome to this new group. All researchers working in the application of cybernetics or systems theory to questions of life sciences are invited to join and contribute.Following
About Biomedical Cybernetics
Cybernetics and systems theory in the life sciences