Are you Ruo-quan YAO?

Claim your profile

Publications (2)0 Total impact

  • [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
    ABSTRACT: To identify the risk factors associated with anastomotic leakage following an anterior resection for rectal cancer. Between June, 1999 and June, 2009, 628 patients underwent anterior resection for rectal cancer. A retrospective study of the cases was performed to identify the risk factors for anastomotic leakage following the resection. The overall incidence rate of anastomic leak was 8.6% (54/628) in these patients. A low albumin level (less than 35 g/L), diabetes, absence of a protective stoma, a distance less than 7 cm from the tumor to the anal edge, and a tumor diameter over 5 cm were identified as the risk factors for anastomotic leakage after anterior resection. For patients at a high risk for anastomotic leakage, a protective stoma can significantly decrease the rate of clinical leaks and subsequent reoperation after low anterior resection for rectal cancer.
    Nan fang yi ke da xue xue bao = Journal of Southern Medical University 05/2011; 31(5):908-10.
  • [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
    ABSTRACT: To evaluate the therapeutic effect of Roux-en-Y anastomosis following subtotal gastrectomy on type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) in non-obese patients. We performed a retrospective analysis of 16 non-obese patients with T2DM undergoing Roux-en-Y anastomosis following subtotal gastrectomy for stomach cancer and upper gastrointestinal tract ulcer. All the patients were followed up for 6 months after the surgery. Roux-en-Y gastrojejunostomy significantly lowered the levels of fasting plasma glucose (FPG), 2 h postprandial plasma glucose (2hPG), and glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c)(P<0.05). Of these patients, 8 (50%) achieved adequate glycemic control without antidiabetic medication and 5 (31.25%) showed obvious improvement. The total effectiveness rate of the surgery was 81.25%. Roux-en-Y gastrectomy can effectively ameliorate the diabetic symptoms and might serve as a new treatment option for T2DM in non-obese patients.
    Nan fang yi ke da xue xue bao = Journal of Southern Medical University 03/2011; 31(3):551-3.