- SourceAvailable from: James Akula177Views108Downloads2Citations
- 145Views42Downloads1CitationThis article is viewable in ResearchGate's enriched formatRG Format enables you to read in context with side-by-side figures, citations, and feedback from experts in your field.
We examine nitric oxide (NO) in signal transduction and pathology. We found every retinal cell normally produces NO and that NO is not freely diffusible in retina and hippocampus. We found adrenomedullin causes pathological increases in NO in early diabetic retinopathy and we found a drug that eliminates the pathology. We now focus on signaling pathways involved in traumatic brain injury in retina and brain and we are developing prophylactic and post-blast treatments.
- 57 Questions1,668 Followers
- 162 Questions2,358 Followers
- 1,108 Questions205,240 Followers
- 81 Questions1,134 Followers
- 1,268 Questions115,973 Followers
- 176 Questions388 Followers
- 7 Questions44 Followers
- 64 Questions2,888 Followers
- 20 Questions414 Followers
- 469 Questions28,013 Followers