Vojo Deretic's main contributions to science come from studies by his team on the role of autophagy in infection and immunity. Autophagy, a cytoplasmic pathway for the removal of damaged or surplus organelles, has been previously implicated in cancer, neurodegeneration, development, and aging. His group is one of those that made the discovery that autophagic degradation is a major effector of innate and possibly adaptive immunity mechanisms for direct elimination of intracellular microbes.
- 116 Questions1,172 Followers
- 83 Questions2,669 Followers
- 1,264 Questions104,297 Followers
- 993 Questions171,156 Followers
- 13 Questions1,148 Followers
- 13 Questions1,501 Followers