Vojo Deretic's main contributions to science come from studies by his team on the role of autophagy in infection and immunity. Autophagy, a cytoplasmic pathway for the removal of damaged or surplus organelles, has been previously implicated in cancer, neurodegeneration, development, and aging. His group is one of those that made the discovery that autophagic degradation is a major effector of innate and possibly adaptive immunity mechanisms for direct elimination of intracellular microbes.
- 128 Questions1,198 Followers
- 105 Questions2,671 Followers
- 1,320 Questions113,404 Followers
- 1,044 Questions186,114 Followers
- 13 Questions1,153 Followers
- 13 Questions1,500 Followers