Vojo Deretic's main contributions to science come from studies by his team on the role of autophagy in infection and immunity. Autophagy, a cytoplasmic pathway for the removal of damaged or surplus organelles, has been previously implicated in cancer, neurodegeneration, development, and aging. His group is one of those that made the discovery that autophagic degradation is a major effector of innate and possibly adaptive immunity mechanisms for direct elimination of intracellular microbes.
- 121 Questions1,183 Followers
- 96 Questions2,669 Followers
- 1,292 Questions108,264 Followers
- 1,017 Questions177,923 Followers
- 13 Questions1,149 Followers
- 13 Questions1,502 Followers