- SourceAvailable from: Eliseo Castillo52Views14Downloads2Citations
Vojo Deretic's main contributions to science come from studies by his team on the role of autophagy in infection and immunity. Autophagy, a cytoplasmic pathway for the removal of damaged or surplus organelles, has been previously implicated in cancer, neurodegeneration, development, and aging. His group is one of those that made the discovery that autophagic degradation is a major effector of innate and possibly adaptive immunity mechanisms for direct elimination of intracellular microbes.
- 114 Questions1,166 Followers
- 74 Questions2,668 Followers
- 1,258 Questions101,931 Followers
- 982 Questions167,088 Followers
- 11 Questions1,142 Followers
- 13 Questions1,499 Followers