Vojo Deretic's main contributions to science come from studies by his team on the role of autophagy in infection and immunity. Autophagy, a cytoplasmic pathway for the removal of damaged or surplus organelles, has been previously implicated in cancer, neurodegeneration, development, and aging. His group is one of those that made the discovery that autophagic degradation is a major effector of innate and possibly adaptive immunity mechanisms for direct elimination of intracellular microbes.
- 135 Questions1,206 Followers
- 106 Questions2,669 Followers
- 1,355 Questions116,172 Followers
- 1,066 Questions190,487 Followers
- 13 Questions1,155 Followers
- 13 Questions1,499 Followers