- SourceAvailable from: Sara Carvalho14Views1Download0Citations
- Jun 2010ESEB International Travel Award, to attend the Evolution meeting in Portland, USA.
- Jun 2007Postdoctoral fellowship: “Analysis of candidate genes involved in adaptation of reverse evolved populations of Drosophila melanogaster”
- Jun 2003BES (Banco Espírito Santo) prize – for the best final average grade in Licenciatura in Microbiology and genetics 2001/2002
My main research interests concern how the genetic constitution of populations affects their adaptive potential. Previously, this has been done by looking at the genomic organization in bacteria and addressing what it reveals about adaptation to the environment. More recently I have been focusing on the genetics of experimental evolution (fly and nematode models) where populations adapt to new environments from standing genetic variation.
- 191 Questions14,602 Followers
- 255 Questions18,376 Followers
- 63 Questions3,312 Followers
- 63 Questions5,397 Followers
- 78 Questions3,712 Followers
- 208 Questions12,189 Followers
- 616 Questions92,977 Followers