- Feb 2014Post doc fellowship (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), Portugal)
- Jan 2012Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship for Career Development (IEF).
- Jul 2007Protein-protein interactions at atomic levels (career grant from Research Council of Norway)
Deinococcus radiodurans is a pink/orange pigmented bacterium which was first identified I 1956 in canned meat sterilised by ionising radiation. D. radiodurans exhibits an outstanding resistance to ionising radiation and desiccation and tolerates radiation doses up to 5,000 Grays (Gy) without loss of viability. Most other organisms cannot survive doses above 50 Gy. I am studying the role of the Base Excision Repair (BER) pathway for the extreme resistances of this organism.
- 24 Questions578 Followers
- 500 Questions16,838 Followers
- 546 Questions6,248 Followers
- 635 Questions6,390 Followers
- 88 Questions1,595 Followers
- 62 Questions360 Followers
- 9 Questions146 Followers
- 114 Questions14,351 Followers