- Feb 2014Post doc fellowship (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), Portugal)
- Jan 2012Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship for Career Development (IEF).
- Jul 2007Protein-protein interactions at atomic levels (career grant from Research Council of Norway)
Deinococcus radiodurans is a pink/orange pigmented bacterium which was first identified I 1956 in canned meat sterilised by ionising radiation. D. radiodurans exhibits an outstanding resistance to ionising radiation and desiccation and tolerates radiation doses up to 5,000 Grays (Gy) without loss of viability. Most other organisms cannot survive doses above 50 Gy. I am studying the role of the Base Excision Repair (BER) pathway for the extreme resistances of this organism.
- 47 Questions590 Followers
- 599 Questions16,811 Followers
- 752 Questions6,249 Followers
- 832 Questions6,434 Followers
- 124 Questions1,601 Followers
- 99 Questions380 Followers
- 15 Questions154 Followers
- 166 Questions17,709 Followers