- SourceAvailable from: Kjersti Lian8Views4Downloads0Citations
- Feb 2014Post doc fellowship (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), Portugal)
- Jan 2012Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship for Career Development (IEF).
- Jul 2007Protein-protein interactions at atomic levels (career grant from Research Council of Norway)
Deinococcus radiodurans is a pink/orange pigmented bacterium which was first identified I 1956 in canned meat sterilised by ionising radiation. D. radiodurans exhibits an outstanding resistance to ionising radiation and desiccation and tolerates radiation doses up to 5,000 Grays (Gy) without loss of viability. Most other organisms cannot survive doses above 50 Gy. I am studying the role of the Base Excision Repair (BER) pathway for the extreme resistances of this organism.
- 57 Questions601 Followers
- 633 Questions16,803 Followers
- 797 Questions6,256 Followers
- 874 Questions6,448 Followers
- 126 Questions1,605 Followers
- 111 Questions386 Followers
- 16 Questions154 Followers
- 178 Questions18,713 Followers