Question

What are the latest advances in Multiple sclerosis research?

Multiple sclerosis.

• Massimo Grilli · Università degli Studi di Genova
    You can read a recent work that is focused on a particular aspect of MS:
    the presynaptic defects.
    Best regards
    MG

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropharm.2013.07.037
  • I believe that research is being conducted on the utilisation of exogenous GH treatment and may have had some significant effects on those with slow progressing MS, by attenuating (or slowing) cognitive deficits and motor deficits. I recently asked a question on this in research gate on behalf of a colleague. I was doing research on the use of GH in Brain Injury and MDD sub types and am still busy with research on this. If this is of interest, I can forward you the name of the professional who is aware of this research. I hope this is of use.
  • Christopher Duntsch Hybrid Bioscience, Inc. · Hybrid Bioscience, Inc., Synthetic Investments, Inc., A Childs Life
    A number of disease-modifying therapies for MS, including oral agents, are in advanced development and likely to be available soon.

Fingolimod has been approved recently by the US Food and Drug Administration.

Agents in development include alemtuzumab, BG-12, daclizumab, teriflunomide, laquinimod, and B-cell-targeted monoclonal antibodies ocrelizumab and ofatumumab.

The advent of emerging efficacious therapies has set the stage for re-evaluation of treatment goals for patients with MS. Freedom from disease, defined by the absence of relapses, disability progression, and radiologic evidence of disease activity, is increasingly seen as the measure of treatment success.

Perumal J, Khan O. 2012 Emerging disease-modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis .Curr Treat Options Neurol. Jun;14(3):256-63. doi: 10.1007/s11940-012-0173
    Article Attached.

Question Followers (10)