We are attempting to culture micro algae in industrial waste water. But due to the presence of heavy amount of phenolic compounds, we are unable to grow algae in it as probably it is blocking light to pass through it. However, when we are using the waste water in 10% to 40 % concentration, algae are growing in it .But we want to grow algae in 100% concentration i.e. in the waste water as it is by removing the aromatic and phenolic compounds to enhance the light penetration. Can anyone suggest what is the way out?