ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal (ACSMS HEALTH FIT J)
This exciting journal responds to the information needs of fitness instructors, personal trainers, exercise leaders, program managers, and other front line health and fitness professionals. The mission of the journal is to promote and distribute accurate, unbiased, and authoritative information on health and fitness. With a complete and compelling format, the journal covers all aspects of exercise science and nutrition research, with components of ACSM certification workshops, current topics of interest to the fitness industry, and continuing education credit opportunities.
Current impact factor: 0.29
Impact Factor Rankings
|2015 Impact Factor||Available summer 2016|
|2014 Impact Factor||0.288|
|2013 Impact Factor||0.268|
|2012 Impact Factor||0.298|
|2011 Impact Factor||0.404|
|2010 Impact Factor||0.292|
|2009 Impact Factor||0.392|
|2008 Impact Factor||0.353|
|2007 Impact Factor||0.082|
|2006 Impact Factor||0.163|
|2005 Impact Factor||0.417|
|2004 Impact Factor||0.333|
|2003 Impact Factor||0.488|
|2002 Impact Factor||0.348|
|2001 Impact Factor||0.333|
Impact factor over time
|Website||ACSM&#x27;s Health & Fitness Journal website|
|Other titles||ACSM's health & fitness journal, American College of Sports Medicine health and fitness journal, ACSM's health and fitness journal, Health & fitness journal|
|Material type||Periodical, Internet resource|
|Document type||Journal / Magazine / Newspaper, Internet Resource|
- Author cannot archive a pre-print version
- Must be removed upon acceptance
- Author cannot archive a post-print version
- 12 months embargo
- On author's personal website, institutional repository or employers intranet
- Publisher's version/PDF cannot be used
- Set Statement: 'This is a non-final version of an article published in final form in (provide complete journal citation)'
- Must link to journal website
- NIH authors will have their accepted manuscripts transmitted to PubMed Central after 12 months on their behalf
- Wellcome Trust and HHMI authors will have their accepted manuscripts transmitted to PubMed Central after 6 months on their behalf
- Classification white
Publications in this journal
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 09/2015; 19(5):50-53.
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):27-29.
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):36-38.
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):30-31.
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):6-8.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: Exercise professionals will begin to understand health and wellness coaching concepts, including mindfulness, compassion, positive emotions, autonomous motivation, appreciative inquiry, motivational interviewing, reflections, self-efficacy, visioning, and goal setting. Exercise professionals will consider if, how, and when to apply these coaching concepts when working with fitness clients.ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):20-26.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: The reader should expect to gain a general overview of the current literature related to the effectiveness of resistance training for individuals with various diseases often related to physical inactivity. The listed benefits are few in number and presented in a manner that could be shared easily with men and women outside the health fitness profession.ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):9-13.
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):4-5.
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 03/2015; 19(2):32-35.
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 05/2014; 18(3):38-39. DOI:10.1249/FIT.0000000000000039
- ACSM s Health & Fitness Journal 01/2014; 18(5):49-52. DOI:10.1249/FIT.0000000000000060
Data provided are for informational purposes only. Although carefully collected, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The impact factor represents a rough estimation of the journal's impact factor and does not reflect the actual current impact factor. Publisher conditions are provided by RoMEO. Differing provisions from the publisher's actual policy or licence agreement may be applicable.