Russian version of Microbiology (0026-2617).
Current impact factor: 0.00
Impact Factor Rankings
Publications in this journal
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: The Rand M variants of a purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodobactersphaeroides 2R grown on a medium with acetate accumulate poly- β-hydroxybutyrate (PHB). Accumulation of this polymer occurs in the cells grown either anaerobically on the light or aerobically in the dark. On the medium with C/N imbalance (C/N = 4), PHB content during the stationary growth phase under aerobic conditions in the dark was 40 and 70% of the dry biomass of the R and M variant, respectively. The Rba. sphaeroides M variant is therefore a promising culture for large-scale PHB production. Investigation of activity of the TCA cycle enzymes revealed that decreased activity of citrate synthase, the key enzyme for acetate involvement in the reactions of the tricarboxylic acids cycle, was primarily responsible for enhanced PHB synthesis by Rba. sphaeroides. Moreover, the Rba. sphaeroides M variant grown under aerobic conditions in the dark exhibited considerably lower activity of NADH oxidase, which participates in the oxidation of reduced NADH produced in the TCA cycle during acetate oxidation. The combination of these two factors increases the possibilities for acetate assimilation via an alternative mechanism of PHB synthesis.Mikrobiologiia 05/2015; 84(3):311-5.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: The genome of Melioribacter roseus, one of two members of the recently described phylum Ignavibacteriae, was searched for the genes encoding proteins associated with copper transport or containing copper as cofactors, and the effect of Cu2+ concentration in the medium on M. roseus growth was investigated. Genomic analysis revealed a variety of copper-containing oxidoreductases in this facultative anaerobe. Three ATPases responsible for copper transport were identified. One of them (MROS_1511) was.probably involved in assembly of the copper-containing cytochrome c oxidase, while two others (MROS_0327 and MROS_0791) probably carried out a detoxification function. The presence of several copper-containing oxidoreductases and copper homeostasis systems in M. roseus is in agreement with the previously hypothesized origin of the phylum Ignavibacteriae from an aerobic ancestor common with those of Bacteroidetes and Chlorobi.Mikrobiologiia 03/2015; 84(2):165-74.
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(3):291-310. DOI:10.7868/S002636561503012X
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(3):263-280. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615030179
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(1):90-97. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615010115
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(2):165-174. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615020056
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(2):184-191. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615020032
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(3):316-322. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615030180
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(3):344-351. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615030192
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(1):50-57. DOI:10.7868/S0026365614060238
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(2):212-215. DOI:10.7868/S002636561501005X
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(2):144-159. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615010073
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(1):37-42. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615010140
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(1):78-89. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615010164
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(2):192-203. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615010097
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(3):323-330. DOI:10.7868/S002636561503009X
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(1):3-26. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615010152
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(1):27-36. DOI:10.7868/S0026365614060123
- Mikrobiologiia 01/2015; 84(2):216-224. DOI:10.7868/S0026365615010085
Data provided are for informational purposes only. Although carefully collected, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The impact factor represents a rough estimation of the journal's impact factor and does not reflect the actual current impact factor. Publisher conditions are provided by RoMEO. Differing provisions from the publisher's actual policy or licence agreement may be applicable.