Journal of East African Natural History Impact Factor & Information
Discontinued. Continued as Journal of East African Natural History (1026-1613).
Current impact factor: 0.00
Impact Factor Rankings
|Material type||Periodical, Internet resource|
|Document type||Journal / Magazine / Newspaper, Internet Resource|
Publications in this journal
- Journal of East African Natural History 10/2014; 103(1):39-48. DOI:10.2982/028.103.0101
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: An investigation to assess the relationship between coarse particulate organic matter (CPOM) and macroinvertebrate communities was undertaken in the Njoro River, Kenya during 2010. Significantly lower macroinvertebrate densities and diversities were observed in study sites with low Coarse Particulate Organic Matter (CPOM) content. The Mugo study site had the highest CPOM content and macroinvertebrate density and diversity. The unidentifiable detritus category (i.e. small CPOM fragments) had the highest influence on macroinvertebrate taxa whereas twigs had the least influence. The benthic samples were dominated by detritivores, but no shredders were recorded. Our results suggest that CPOM is an important determinant of the macroinvertebrate assemblages in streams. Given this, we believe that it is important to conserve tropical stream riparian vegetation due to their important role as a source of CPOM in streams.Journal of East African Natural History 07/2014; 103(1):39-48.
- Journal of East African Natural History 04/2014; 103(1):1-24. DOI:10.2982/028.103.0104
- Journal of East African Natural History 05/2013; 101(2):241-250. DOI:10.2982/028.101.0203
- Journal of East African Natural History 05/2013; 101(2):251-252. DOI:10.2982/028.101.0204
- Journal of East African Natural History 09/2012; 101(1):67-72. DOI:10.2982/028.101.0104
- Journal of East African Natural History 09/2012; 101(1):29-66. DOI:10.2982/028.101.0102
- Journal of East African Natural History 09/2012; 101(1):17-27. DOI:10.2982/028.101.0101
- Journal of East African Natural History 12/2011; 100(1-2):3-9. DOI:10.2982/028.100.0101
- Journal of East African Natural History 12/2011; 100(1-2):133-140. DOI:10.2982/028.100.0109
Data provided are for informational purposes only. Although carefully collected, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The impact factor represents a rough estimation of the journal's impact factor and does not reflect the actual current impact factor. Publisher conditions are provided by RoMEO. Differing provisions from the publisher's actual policy or licence agreement may be applicable.