Publication History View all
[Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: Patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (RR-HL) have poor outcomes. Brentuximab vedotin (BV), an antibody-drug conjugate comprising an anti-CD30 antibody conjugated to the potent anti-microtubule agent, monomethyl auristatin E, induces high tumour responses with moderate adverse effects. In a retrospective study, we describe objective response rates and subsequent allogeneic stem cell transplantation (allo-SCT) in patients with RR-HL treated by BV in a named patient program in two French institutions. Twenty-four adult patients with histologically proven CD30(+) RR-HL treated with BV were included from July 2009 to November 2012. Response to BV treatment was evaluated after four cycles. Eleven patients were in complete response (45.8%), while five patients were in partial response (20.8%), with an overall response rate of 66.6%. Eight patients failed to respond to BV (33.3%). All of the responding patients could receive consolidation treatment after BV: three patients underwent autologous stem cell transplantation (auto-SCT), three patients received a tandem auto-SCT/allo-SCT, nine patients received allo-SCT and one patient was treated with donor lymphocyte infusion. We found no treatment-related mortality at day 100 among the 12 patients who underwent BV following by allogeneic transplantation. With a median follow-up of 20 months (range 10.5-43.2), none of them relapsed or died. BV followed by allo-SCT represents an effective salvage regimen in patients with RR-HL. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.Hematological Oncology 12/2014; 32(4). DOI:10.1002/hon.2119
[Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: Breast cancer is the first cause of cancer in women worldwide. Recent molecular analyses have shown that it is not a single disease but a mixture of several diseases with different biological behaviors, which should lead to treatment customization for each patient. Personalized medicine is based on tumor and/or patient molecular profiles. This new way to think oncology is currently applied at different stages of breast cancer management, including prognosis, prediction of treatment efficacy, and development of new therapies via new kinds of clinical trials. These trials are not only based on tumor site but also on tumor genetic characterization using genomic tools such as gene expression profiling, array-CGH or next-generation sequencing technologies. The aim of personalized medicine is to tailor treatment according to the specificities of a single disease in a given patient. In this review, we present the advances in treatment personalization which are currently used in daily practice as well as the technologies and therapies under investigation in various clinical trials.Critical reviews in oncology/hematology 09/2014; DOI:10.1016/j.critrevonc.2014.03.002
Article: Molecular basis of mast cell disease[Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
ABSTRACT: Mastocytosis is an incurable and sometimes fatal haematological disorder grossly described as the accumulation of abnormal mast cells in the bone marrow and other organs causing tissue and organ damage. The clinical manifestations of this disease are extremely variable; disease phenotypes range from indolent to aggressive, and often present with associated non-mast cell haematological disorders (AHNMD), mainly myeloproliferative neoplasm and myelodysplastic syndromes. Recent efforts to genetically dissect the mechanisms that define aggressive and non-aggressive mastocytosis have generated a list of recurrent somatic mutations in mastocytosis patients that are associated with and may predict the evolution towards aggressive disease phenotypes. Here we review these mutations and discuss the molecular mechanisms associated with these mutations in an effort to better understand the biology of this disease and to predict its onset and evolution, with the ultimate goal of devising new and improved treatment strategies.Molecular Immunology 04/2014; 63(1). DOI:10.1016/j.molimm.2014.03.013
Information provided on this web page is aggregated encyclopedic and bibliographical information relating to the named institution. Information provided is not approved by the institution itself. The institution’s logo (and/or other graphical identification, such as a coat of arms) is used only to identify the institution in a nominal way. Under certain jurisdictions it may be property of the institution.
Rg score distribution
No data available.